the Emergency Vehicle Operator™
Private, Volunteer & Municipal Ambulance Squads
Course Length: 6 Hours
First introduced in the early 90’s, the
Coaching the Emergency Vehicle Operator™ (CEVO) courses for ambulance, fire and police personnel quickly became accepted
as standards in driver training for these fields. Since then, over 500,000 emergency professionals have been trained with
the CEVO™ programs. Now, based on valuable input from participants, instructors, and loss prevention professionals,
a revised and updated CEVO 3: Ambulance™ course is available.
The core 6-hour course is divided into six sessions,
which can be presented in one day or spread out over multiple days.
- New and updated
Response Book situation analysis
Reminder Points" completion statements in the Response Book
- All new discussion scenarios based on common collision situations.
- New video including: Vehicle inspection, a balance of small
town and rural locations with large urban locations and in-cab video of actual collisions.
- Operator learning teams used to promote discussion among participants.
• 16-page full-color
Participant Response Book
• Discussion Questions and Situation Analyses
Computer-scored Operator Tests
Comprehensive coverage of collision-prevention techniques, including:
• Cushion of safety
• Vehicle positioning
• Handling blind
• Safe backing
• Parking procedures, and more...
Coverage of a wide range
of other safety-related topics, including:
• Vehicle inspection
• Vehicle handling and
• Emergency and non-emergency driving differences
• Safety at the emergency scene
• A non-lecture, participant-intensive educational approach
• A flexible, modular, easy-to-use training
format (a complete in-house driver training program)
CEVO 3™ patches and certificates.